unable to edit profile or link to my Barclaycard

Nov 05, 2013

help, please?  I tried editing my profile, and when I clicked Submit, nothing happened.  I also didn't see anywhere to link my Barclaycard.  There was a hyperlink that looked like it would lead to a link possibility, but it just took me to the general T's and C's.

Nov 05, 2013

Does anyone know if you get a badge for being a cardmember? I linked but can't seem to tell if done properly. Here's what I did:

1. Login via Barclaycardus.com

2. On the right side, look for "Earn More Miles" banner and click.

3. At the bottom of the registration page there's a link "Already a Travel Community member? Link your account today." Click that and submit.

Nov 05, 2013
Emeritus wrote
Does anyone know if you get a badge for being a cardmember? I linked but can't seem to tell if done properly. Here's what I did: 1. Login via Barclaycardus.com 2. On the right side, look for "Earn More Miles" banner and click. 3. At the bottom of the reg...

Yep, I've also been unable to edit my profile. I tried multiple browsers to ensure that it's not simply a compatibility issue.

Nov 07, 2013
samosa wrote
Yep, I've also been unable to edit my profile. I tried multiple browsers to ensure that it's not simply a compatibility issue.

Unlink your account by going to Account Settings and scrolling down, then relink it. After I did that, I noticed "My Stories" section here now has a link to view my Barclaycard Arrival miles. I wish there was some way to verify you're linked since even the main page doesn't say it.

Nov 07, 2013

Hi @JUBUJOY12 We were having a few technical issues with the editing capabilities with Travel Profiles two days ago however they have since been resolved. If you are still having issues editing your profile, please let me know.

To your other question (that others had as well), the linking feature occurs on the BarclaycardUS.com Account Servicing site. Once you log in, you can either click the Travel banner that pops up to access the form. Or you can go to your account settings. Scroll to the bottom of the page of the account settings page, you will see Travel Community. Click the link and on the form you will see a link, "If you already have a Travel Community profile account, click here." From this link you can enter your Travel Community profile name and email address and your account will be linked. Your Travel Community profile will be updated the following day and will look like this:

LinkedAccountView.png

Let me know if you had additional questions. We were having a few technical issues with the linking however, they have also been resolved as of yesterday. Thank you again!

Jen

Nov 08, 2013
JenniferH wrote
Hi @JUBUJOY12 We were having a few technical issues with the editing capabilities with Travel Profiles two days ago however they have since been resolved. If you are still having issues editing your profile, please let me know. To your other question (th...

Good day, JenniferH:

HELP!

I have tried many times to link my Travel Community account to my Arrival card, by logging onto the credit card website, and clicking on "If you already have a Travel Community profile account, click here." It kept saying: "This user name is already taken." It is taken, because it's the one I created when I set up my TC account.

I also called the number on the back of my card, spoke to four people, two in the website department, two in account services. None had heard of the Barclaycard Travel Community.

I also completed my profile, and have yet to see 500 miles on "Your Community Lifetime Miles."

Happy Travels,

A (frustrated) Seasoned Traveler

Nov 09, 2013
123gogo wrote
Good day, JenniferH: HELP! I have tried many times to link my Travel Community account to my Arrival card, by logging onto the credit card website, and clicking on "If you already have a Travel Community profile account, click here." It kept saying: "Thi...

Hi @123gogo My apologies you're having these issues. When you click the "If you already have a Travel Community Account, click here." Does it take you to a new screen where there are only two fields: your Community Display name and email address affiliated with the Trave Community account? I just wanted to be sure I had all the details - this is where you're getting the error "Username already taken." I will contact our tech team and try and determine the problem.

Regarding your profile miles: after completion, you will receive a pop up at the top of the screen alerting that you completed your profile. The miles won't show until the following day. So, if you completed your profile today, the 500 miles will show tomorrow.

Let me know if you had any other questions and I'll follow back regarding the linking issues. Thank you!

Jen

Nov 10, 2013
JenniferH wrote
Hi @123gogo My apologies you're having these issues. When you click the "If you already have a Travel Community Account, click here." Does it take you to a new screen where there are only two fields: your Community Display name and email address affiliat...

Jennifer, you should consider adding a badge or icon for Arrival cardholders on here.

Nov 11, 2013
JenniferH wrote
Hi @123gogo My apologies you're having these issues. When you click the "If you already have a Travel Community Account, click here." Does it take you to a new screen where there are only two fields: your Community Display name and email address affiliat...

JenniferH:

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Yes, after "If you already have a Travel Community Account, click here" the next screen has two fields: "Your Community Display name and email address affiliated with the Travel Community account." After entering pertinent information the error message appears: "Username already taken."

All this effort may be for naught. After clicking on "Account Settings" and scrolling down to "Travel Community" it is writ: "Your Travel Community Profile is linked to your Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard account." Ah, the vagaries of the information age.

In any case, your input is appreciated.

123gogo

Nov 12, 2013
123gogo wrote
JenniferH: Thank you for your prompt reply. Yes, after "If you already have a Travel Community Account, click here" the next screen has two fields: "Your Community Display name and email address affiliated with the Travel Community account." After enteri...

@123gogo Thanks for following back up. Sounds like you're all set and the accounts are linked. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Just as an FYI for others: There are two ways for Arrival cardmembers to register on this Travel Community:

• On the BarclaycardUS.com site in Account settings, as you noted, you can both register AND link from the long form (insert your preferred display name, password, email address, etc.) this will register you in the community and automatically link the accounts. (There are also a few banners on the Account Services website that will take you directly to this registration page.) Note: you will still have to enter additional Travel Profile details on BarclaycardTravel.com site to receive the 500 Participation Miles.
  • If you register first on the BarclaycardTravel.com site, you can then link the accounts by logging in to BarclaycardUS.com, go to your Account settings, enter your Travel Community display name and email address and click submit.

@Emeritus Agreed! I will take that idea back to our web design team and see about creating a badge on the Travel Community for a 'linked' account. Great idea!